Thursday, November 7, 2013

APPLIANCES WERE DISCONTINUED????....WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME?!!


I spoke to my SR and she said that the double oven and over-the-range microwave models that I selected (PT956SRSS & PVM1970SRSS) have been discontinued by GE. ---Okay, well why wasn’t I informed and asked how I would like to proceed?
 I am so angry…I upgraded my appliance package 2 levels simply because I liked the way that model looked. This is unacceptable!!!  When they didn’t have what I ordered they should have contacted me! Am I really supposed to pay for an upgrade that isn’t what I wanted? AND to top it off…she (SR) said that they gave me the comparable oven and microwave, but I contacted GE and the oven they gave me is NOT the comparable oven—it looks exactly like it, but the model numbers are different. The comparable oven comes from the GE Profile family, but the one they installed is just GE not a “Profile”.

This isn’t going to work! I’m waiting for my SR to get back to me with a remedy. I hope Ryan makes this right! I’m so angry I could spit fire!


2 comments:

  1. We were caught with the appliance discontinuation dilemma too. They actually had our microwave right, but installed the newer range and dishwasher. So the microwave didn't match the range and dishwasher style (all stainless, but the previous profile serious had that curved/oval glass facade while the new ones are rectangular). Needless to say they had to send back the microwave twice until they got us the newer model. You should look into what the current appliances are for the package you selected. They did give us all "Premier IV" appliances, but the microwave was from the old set and the range and dishwasher were from the new set. I'm pretty sure the packages are standard (based on other bloggers all around the US), so you can just stop by a closer RHs community to get a copy of their packages offered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I selected the Premier II built-in stainless/black appliance package because I really like the oval shape of the glass. The double oven and microwave in that package changed…..well, I wasn’t mentally prepared for that. Perhaps, if she (SR) had called and spoke to me prior to putting the appliances in, I could have looked at their current options and decided how I wanted to proceed. But imagine my surprise when I see pictures of appliances that I did not order and when she calls me she tells me that what I ordered has been discontinued and ...in nut shell….I just have to accept that. That was a pretty big pill for me to swallow considering how attached I was to my selections….I’ve gone Lowes and Home Depot just to see what my appliances would look like in person. I had my heart and my set on them. And since the original package appliances were from the Profile series I’ve made plans to buy the Profile French door refrigerator. The new oven was not from the Profile series….

      I guess you can say I don’t deal with change very well….

      Delete