Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I'm Being Framed!

I sent an email to my PM yesterday just to give him a heads-up that I will need to have my pre-drywall meeting scheduled for a Friday afternoon because Fridays are slow so taking off work won’t be an issue (the house is 4.5 hours away from me). Well, he emailed me back and said that he was looking at October 4th …which is only a week and a half away. I’m so excited! I knew that framing was underway, but I guess I thought it would take longer. I didn’t expect to be scheduling the pre-drywall meeting until the middle of October.

My loan officer said that the most recent closing update she received is for November 27th.  The initial contract says November 7th, but I was told at the pre-construction meeting that it would most likely be November/December because of all the rain we’ve been having. Yet if we’re doing the pre-drywall meeting at the end of next week then I’m thinking November 27th might be right. As crazy as this will sound, I was hoping the house wouldn’t be ready until December. ---Correction, I was hoping not to close on the house until December, and that’s simply because I can’t move into it until then, and I really wanted to savor that “no rent /no mortgage” month. If we close in November then my first mortgage payment will be due in January, but if I’m still in my current house until the middle of December then I won’t really get to reap that benefit because we’ll pay partial rent in December and then jump right into the mortgage on the 1st of January. Oh well…. If we do end up closing on the 27th of November then I guess I’ll spend Thanksgiving weekend painting---that will be fun (I think).

Well, here are a couple of pictures (here is 1 picture---the site doesn’t seem to want to upload the others) my realtor sent me of the lumber that was delivered. I’ll post my thoughts about the pre-drywall meeting along with pictures of the experience next week.
 
 
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment