Friday, October 25, 2013

Today Was a Good Day ( Ice Cube)

Today was pretty exciting...Navy Federal offers a free one-time rate re-lock option so I decided to go ahead and re-lock our interest rate today. So our new interest rate is 3.5%!!! I'm SOOOOOO happy!
I also spoke to my PM today and he said that they have installed the siding. He suggested, however, that I wait until next Saturday to drive up because the cabinets will be installed, the first coat of paint will be done, and the vinyl flooring will be installed (kids' bath & laundry room). So I've decided to wait until next Saturday to drive up as there will be more to see. The kids were a little disappointed, but not too much. I told them that I will let them write on the floor of their room. My daughter was pretty surprise so I explained that once the carpet is laid whatever she wrote would be covered--she smiled and said, "No one will see it, but it will be a part of the house." I smiled back and said "Yes, it will." Today was a pretty good day :-)

4 comments:

  1. Awesome...That is wonderful news and we locked in our rate today too :-) I hate this guessing game on the rates lol ....either way it was a way better rate that we were quoted for in July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, rates have been so unpredictable and they started to rise so quickly that it’s good to see them drop again. I know it won't last long....

      Congrats to you on locking you rate :-)

      Delete
  2. :-) big happy face for your daughter

    Congrats on a excellent rate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe you daughter wants her artwork to be seen!

    ReplyDelete