Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Painting Plans!....Too Much Brown/Tan?


I’ve been looking at model homes and homes that are for sale on-line gathering ideas and inspiration for decorating the house when it’s done. I’m not as concerned with décor as I am color. My current house is decorated quite nicely, and I’ve already bought a few things for the new house (there’s always room for improvement—e.g. new furniture, but I’m content for now). Because I’m currently a renter, I don’t have any color on my walls— so that is the part I’m excited about! Color adds dimension and depth, and it transforms a nice looking room into something you’d expect to see in a magazine.
I’ve been doing my homework and I’ve noticed that most of the model homes have several different colors throughout the house, and that (as well as the furnishings) is what gives it that look that everyone wants. I personally love two toned rooms. I think having two colors in a room versus just one gives the room that extra oomph. So that’s my plan…There will be no rooms in my house with only one color (except for the bathrooms & laundry rooms). I plan to paint a few days before we move in while the house is still empty. I won't paint the bathrooms initially because of the detail required, but they will get painted later on after we get settled in.

 Here are my preliminary color choices. Please try to envision this: (any areas not listed will remain the color painted by the builder--e.g. halls)

 Formal living room
1-Gal. Home Decorators Collection Smoked Tan Flat Enamel Interior Paint       1-Gal. Home Decorators Collection Creme De Caramel Flat Enamel Interior Paint
Main Color                           Accent wall (the wall facing the foyer)
               
    Formal Dining Room                           
 1-Gal. Home Decorators Collection Creme De Caramel Flat Enamel Interior Paint       5-gal. #T14-10 Coffee Bar Flat/Matte Interior Paint 
   Main color                               Accent wall (the wall with the window/facing foyer) 
                                   
 
 Family Room
1-Gal. Home Decorators Collection Smoked Tan Flat Enamel Interior Paint
 
This color will go on the wall furthest from the kitchen and the well with the 2 windows that face the back of the house. So the paint will be in a "L" shape. The other wall will be the color the builder paints it.
 Morning Room1-Gal. Home Decorators Collection Smoked Tan Flat Enamel Interior Paint     1-gal. #UL120-20 Cajun Red Interior Flat Enamel Paint
  Main color                          Accent wall (the wall with the 3 windows)
 
_____________________________________________________________
UPSTAIRS
 
Loft
1-Gal. Home Decorators Collection Smoked Tan Flat Enamel Interior Paint      1-Gal. #PPU8-24 Deserted Island Flat Enamel Interior Paint
 Main walls                            Accent (the wall with the windows)
 

 Mikey's Room
1-Gal. #UL240-23 Vintage Velvet Interior Flat Enamel Paint          1-Gal. Home Decorators Collection Basic Khaki Flat Enamel Interior Paint
Accent (not sure which)         Main color

Master  

  1-Gal. Home Decorators Collection Smoked Tan Flat Enamel Interior Paint   5-gal. #T14-10 Coffee Bar Flat/Matte Interior Paint
         Main Color                  Accent (the wall facing the entrance--I think)
                             
  Ashley's Room
1-Gal. Home Decorators Collection Creme De Caramel Flat Enamel Interior Paint   1-Gal. #PPU1-7 Powder Room Flat Enamel Interior Paint
            Main Color                 Accent Wall ( not sure which wall yet)
 
I haven't decided on the color for the guess room yet but it will probably be the colors from the loft or some other variation of the previous colors depending on how much paint is left from each color.
 
Now, in my mind---this looks beautiful. LOL If you think I'm about to make a big mistake, please feel free to voice your opinions. I might not listen cause I'm kinda hard headed, but then again--I might! Who knows, you might help me to "see" something that I wouldn't have otherwise thought of so PLEASE, let me know your thoughts!  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Okay.....the colors look a lot different on this background!

    ReplyDelete